About Me

My photo
My name is Rashi. I have been sketching ever since i learnt that a pencil leaves a mark on the paper. Sketching animals is what i love doing the most. Dogs, horses, dragons and other mythical beasts are my favourites. I am available for hire for freelance work of illustrations,graphic designing, character designing, storyboarding, etc.

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Asami Sato

Have you guys seen Legend of Korra yet? Its one of the best cartoon shows on TV yet! Lots of cool characters and bending. Asami is one of my favourite characters from the show. She is not a bender but is a very strong person and comes up with some pretty good ideas. Also, shes very pretty and rich. I wanted to make a painting of Asami and am sharing the steps I took for the painting.


So, I started doodling at first. Lots of Asami sketches to get her look right. Her hair were tough for me. I liked one sketch out of all the doodles and opened a new canvas in Photoshop. I scaled the drawing up and cleaned the sketch up. Next, I added flat colors. After that came shading. I wanted the light-source to be coming from our right so shaded accordingly. References are always good when it comes to getting the lighting right. Once I was happy-ish, I added the background and added more details like her eye color and lip shading etc. After that, I made a new layer and placed it on top of all the layers. I picked color from the background and gave a foggy effect around her. Like, the color is bleeding on to her. I am always aiming to try and get my paintings as close to traditional medium as possible. Still a long way to go!

And finally:

Once I was happy with how the painting looked, I added some brightness and contrast along with some texture. I have used the default Photoshop brush for almost the entire painting. Used a few custom brushes here and there. Oh and the clip. I had forgotten to add the clip and it was added towards the end.

Would love to hear your comments/suggestions/feedback/questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment