About Me

My photo
My name is Rashi. I have been sketching ever since i learnt that a pencil leaves a mark on the paper. Sketching animals is what i love doing the most. Dogs, horses, dragons and other mythical beasts are my favourites. I am available for hire for freelance work of illustrations,graphic designing, character designing, storyboarding, etc.

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Gyarados: The Making.

 Started with a sketch on a grey canvas.
 Adding colors to the body and background.
More colors plus detailing. His lips look so funny.
 Added his body. I picked a dark yellowish color since his underbelly is yellow and colored it. Chose a lighter yellow and started putting in more details. I also added highlights to the rest of his body since he is in water and is going to be wet. And wet things are more..shiny.
Once I was satisfied with Mr. Gyarados, I concentrated on the background. Wanted to make a fiery glow where the boat's explosion has taken place. Added watery mist and embers using a custom brush.
I was happy with the picture and decided to stop painting further. But I'm not done just yet.
I wanted to make everything pop out some more so I hit Ctrl L for Levels and played around with the settings till I was happy.

Check out the next post for the complete picture.


No comments:

Post a Comment